Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Lao users needgood contents and local language

As far as I am concerned, most operators lacked good contents. Why? I think it is neither cost nor capability. It is because they simply ignored the potential. Most of the vendors here don't seem to care much about Lao language as well. I have developed the first version of Lao language mobile and users seemed to react positively but they want more options- who can provide them?
Most of the mobile phone, nowadays, having only Thai and other languages but sad not having Lao support.
Operators, too, are not thinking about utilizing the full potential of mobile phones as well. Most contents as I observed are capable of downloading ringtones, music, some video clips....they want more.

I am working with the officials at the NAPT to do more..policy and pusing the operators to pay more attention. I hope that users can get more contents with the local language support within not long distance.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home