Sunday, August 12, 2007

The great Lao singers, Ai William

I will repost my posting that I put under it was then called Newsgroups.

Newsgroups: soc.culture.laos
From: aas1...@cs.rit.edu (Anousak A Souphavanh)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 19:42:00 GMT
Subject: Great singer named William?

Sbai D All, I am sorry if this article is unpropriate to post in SCL. I have asked Sam once privately BUT this time I'll ask every one. Many younger
generations don't know who is William. Well, for those, ie. Ai Soupha, Somvay,
and Houmphan, knew I what I am saying. For me, I am very big fan of Ai William.
He is one of the Lao greatest singers. His style and lyrics are well composed.
His famous songs are: Lycee, Nam Kong Ngam leng, Sao Smai, Por Ai Nee Leum Nong
Bor leung, Dong Dok Heng Kreum Lang, and many others. I believe these songs were
traced back to 1975. You know, I was only 8. I bought his cassette at the Refugee
camp. It was accidentally, I did't know about him until I started to ask some
questions and listen to his songs. Now I realize that he is the greatest. Thus
could you share some of your experiences: past and now. Do you you know he is
now? I have heard that he lives in France. An his brother, Voradeth,
lives in Virginia, USA. He also has great voice. [Oops! I am having bad connect-
ion. Thus if something is missing, forgive me.] Must go now before the whole thing
crash. Bye and talk to you all later.
Sak
*********************************
I have admired this singer for a long time. His songs and lyrics were filled with meanings of life .....Thanks to Ai Somdeth's website (http://somdeth.free.fr/phomma/page2.htm )for the pictures.




Ai Yong on the left and Ai Wiliam holding the mike

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home